ARK's Y-Chew Oral Motor Chew
ARK's Y-Chew Oral Motor Chew
Use ARK's Y-Chew as an oral fidget for sensory seekers who crave chewing, or for anyone who needs to chew for any reason (as a safe alternative to biting your nails or grinding your teeth, as way for individuals fed via g-tube to still be able to chew on something orally, and so forth). The Y-Chew is also a staple oral motor / feeding therapy tool. Use it to practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking, or to work on jaw strength and stability, or to help decrease oral sensitivities / food aversions. For individuals with low oral tone / limited jaw strength, start with the soft one and graduate to the harder one to gradually build oral strength. ARK's Y-Chew is a very simple yet versatile tool with many different uses.
- 3 different 'arms' to chew on - all long enough to reach the back molars
- Ribs and bumps provide added sensory input
- Available in 3 color-coded toughness levels
-All made in the USA
- RK's Y-Chew® is an oral motor chew tool with 3 extensions to chew on. Each "arm" of the Y shape features a different texture: one smooth, one ribbed, and one with gentle bumps for a varying sensory experience.
- 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Soft / Standard - recommended for mild chewing, individuals with low oral tone, or individuals with limited jaw strength just learning to bite and chew. These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them.
- XT / Medium Firm - XT stands for "Xtra Tough." These are firmer, but still fairly chewy. Recommended for moderate chewers. Or, individuals working on building jaw strength can eventually "graduate" from the soft to the XT.
- XXT / Very Firm - XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough." These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough / the longest lasting option for avid chewing. ARK's Y-Chew XXT is usually the overall longest lasting chew for most avid chewers.
Made in the USA by ARK Therapeutic. Medical grade, FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. Each Y-Chew® is sold individually - choose which option you'd like from the pull-down menu above. Exact color hues may vary slightly.
Caution: This product is not a toy. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear.
Physical & Online Store
Our physical retail location showcases our special needs products and allows customers to see, touch, and try the products before purchasing. Our online website allows easy shopping from home or on the go.
Experinced & Educational Staff
We provide a friendly, warm, sensory friendly store and website which caters to the needs of customers of every age and ability. Our experienced and educated staff provide ease of shopping and product selection.
Passionate About Helping
AdaptAbility is owned and operated by the mother of a special needs child, and she is passionate about helping everyone with diverse life challenges and stands by every product and service offered.